[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 24 08:45:36 UTC 2011

On 24/01/11 05:39, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 1/23/11 10:20 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
>> Will,
>>
>> You patch is working very well and removing all the cuts. There is a
>> problem with the editor that it does not indicated the end of the cut.
>> I have to test also if the beginning of the string is marked.
>> I just did another iso where the cut did not include the end and it work
>> perfect.
>> Thanks again. As soon as I get one of the new mjpegtools-src I will have
>> the whole thing working as expected ;-)
>

> Ok, cool.   I suppose that mythcommflag returns "n-" as "cut from 'n' to
> the end of the recording.    But maybe mythtranscode doesn't accept the
> same format for the cutlist?   If so, that sounds like a bug.
>
> I tried getting the cutlist for a recording that cuts from the beginning
> and to the end, and I get something like:
> Cutlist: 422,7918-12929,27516-34783,52741-53341,53491-
>
> But it could be that mythtranscode always expects a pair of values.
>
> A fix for mythburn would be to manually expand the values passed to
> mythtranscode.   Cut from the beginning is easy as it would prepend a
> "0-" before the first value.   Finding the last frame of a recording is
> trickier, but as it turns out mythtranscode accepts a value beyond the
> end.  (i.e. you can just specify a value way beyond what any video may use)
>
> So it should be pretty trivial to modify mythburn to handle cutlists
> that have cut-from-beginning and/or cut-to-end parts.  I can post an
> updated patch if anybody's interested.
>

> -WD

There were changes in the way the cutlist was interpreted between 0.23
and 0.24 that inverted the sense of cut when Project-X was used.  I
don't recall explicitly using mythtranscode in cut mode recently, but I
had assumed that this still worked - ie that a compensating change had
somehow been made there.  I don't think the loss of EOF marker affected
my use of the cutlist, but in 0.23 it used to be included as a
transition point and in 0.24 it isn't.  I think it would be helpful to
have it back.

Congratulations on the detective and patching work!

John P