[mythtv-users] OTA/DTV tuner-card related questions, recommendations

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Fri Jan 21 03:56:21 UTC 2011

Steven wrote:

> In fact if you have a composite input (in addition to the co-ax input)
> on your PVR-150, you may be able to use it for both your cable
> connection and the output from your gov't converter box. Still gonna
> have to mess with lirc though.

The BT878 has a composite input as well (yellow RCA jack). I'm now
experimenting with that since I do almost all my recording from cable
using the much better PVR150--don't want the converter box input to
interfere with those recordings, you see. Apart from a minor sound issue
that stems from the need for the converter box and BT878 audio outputs to
share the same audio input jack on the computer's onboard sound panel, the
results have been pretty good. I'll probably create a separate thread to
address those sound issues if they seem closely enough related to mythtv.

Quite a bit remains to be worked out. But I've made some decent progress
so far. Thanks to all for input. More to come, undoubtedly.

James