[mythtv-users] Download Manager with v0.25pre, -1|313 bytes downloaded [SOLVED]

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 04:30:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 16:11 -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Jan 18, 2011 at 01:50:43PM -0600, Bill Meek wrote:
> > When I attempt to download themes under v0.25pre, the response
> > in mythfrontend.log is:
> >
> >  DownloadManager: downloadProgress:
> >  http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/0.25/themes.zip
> >  to /home/bill/.mythtv/tmp/themes.zip is at 313 of 313 (or -1)
> >  bytes downloaded
> I just updated to current HEAD and will take a look at it later
> tonight when I can, but until then, can you send the output
> of "mythfrontend --version"?

Chris;

Thanks for the reply.  --version sent to you off-list.

However, more digging revealed that the cut and paste I used
disguised the true branch.

The problem (my problem) is that in ~/.gitconfig, I have
lines like:

 [color]
    branch = always

and that causes version.sh to store the branch as:

 <ESC>[32mmaster<ESC>[m

That makes master print in green. Thus, the 'master' check in
themechooser.cpp fails.

Simplest solution, I removed the branch = always line
from .gitconfig.

To prevent future noise, I'd suggest changing the line
that develops the branch name in mythtv/version.sh from:

  BRANCH=$(git branch | sed ...

  BRANCH=$(git branch --no-color | sed ...

I'd be happy to write a ticket on this if its not wasting
everyone's time.

Bill