[mythtv-users] HDHomerun recordings cut short

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 04:47:00 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

>  I used the IP address.  Is using the device ID the recommended procedure?
>

> If you try to connect to the HDHR using the IP address, the tuner ID will
> be ignored, and MythTV will always access the first tuner.  If you try to
> record on the second tuner, MythTV will still access the first tuner, and
> disrupt any recordings in progress.

I don't recall any other recordings scheduled to start at 6:05pm which would
have caused the interruption.  However, a previous recording on tuner 2 was
scheduled to end around that time.

> When I defined them in mythtv-setup, it didn't auto-detect the ids... the
> "Available devices" drop down box only says "Manually enter IP address".
>

> Make sure your MythTV box and your HDHomeRun both exist on the same subnet,
> using the same broadcast address.

Both my MythTV box and my HDHomerun are on 10.9.x.x, however the MythTV box
is multihomed with hamachi on the 5.x.x.x subnet.  Could that be an issue?

How do I check the broadcast address in use by the HDHomerun?