[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd from HD-PVR

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jan 17 22:22:28 UTC 2011

On 17/01/11 21:03, Will Dormann wrote:
> On 1/17/11 3:44 PM, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
>>
>> Will, I did not kept a record of the error and If could not be precise
>> better say nothing. If I can reproduce it, i'll post it.
>

> Thanks.  The particular error I've run into with ffmpeg and mytharchive
> from my hd-pvr is here, if it jogs your memory:
>
> https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/issue2535
>

> -WD

Hi Will:  I see you have joined this thread.  We had a similar one last
week, but I'm afraid that I got confused by the HD-PVR and other similar
devices and didn't realize that the recordings here were h264.  Did you
try the script from the wiki that you asked about last week?  I didn't
comment, but since the author is Robert McNamara I think I would expect
it to do what is claimed, and still to be a valid approach.  That's
assuming the recording is 'clean', of course, and that changes in ffmpeg
or elsewhere haven't broken it recently.

John P