[mythtv-users] How to stop Special Overages? (Award Shows)

mons37318 at mypacks.net mons37318 at mypacks.net
Sun Jan 16 22:15:54 UTC 2011

I saw when my brother upgraded me in August or so that you could set overages for certain categories. I chose Specials and set it for 30 minutes.

The thing is, the overage doesn't really show up anywhere. Everywhere, it just says the recording will go till 11 (if that's the end time) but then of course, it keeps recording. It's hard to adjust something you can't even see.

I do want the awards show to go on, just in case, but the red carpet pre-shows are listed as specials as well, listed to record from 6 to 8, and I have a feeling they will keep right on going till 8:30.

I can't remember from the last time but it seems that the front end thought the recording had stopped at 11, but my little dashboard my brother made was showing the file still growing in size.

Any way to kill the overage either in advance or when the program ends without killing the overage as a general recording rule? (I think it was the Kennedy Center Honors that just kept going like the Energizer Bunny)