[mythtv-users] Satellite STB

Kristofer Pettijohn kristofer at cybernetik.net
Sun Jan 16 06:13:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

I currently have DirecTV with a HR24-700 STB. I would like to know what the best choice of a capture card would be to use with this, as I would like to capture HD video.

The STB has component, composite, and HDMI outputs.

I know that I will need to utilize an IR blaster to change the channels on the STB, and then capture the video after the channel has been changed. I can't seem to find the right hardware to capture HD video from the DirectTV receiver though.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks