[mythtv-users] Mythweb, upcoming recordings?

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 22:47:38 UTC 2011

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> On 1/15/2011 15:52, Alex Butcher wrote:
>> git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
>> git checkout fixes/0.24
>> git pull
>> cd mythtv/mythplugins
>> git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git
>> git checkout fixes/0.24
>> git pull
>
> Why would you clone mythweb to anywhere but your webroot?  It's a fully
> indepedent web application.  It's not like it relies on any other part of
> MythTV, or needs to be compiled.

If one packages one's installation of MythTV, then it's entirely arbitrary
where mythweb is placed. However, lots of package build scripts assume it's
within mythplugins as that's where it used to be.

Some people don't like using native package managers, some do. It's
religious, so there's no real point in arguing against it. But I will note
that I've not known anyone switch back to *not* using native package managers
once they've made it part of their workflow. :-)

Best Regards,
Alex