[mythtv-users] Artec T1 USB Tuner

Paul Buchanan paul.buchanan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 07:33:21 UTC 2011

On 12/01/2011, at 6:15 PM, GZ <gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:09 PM, GZ <gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

One other thing you can check.  There's a file in /lib/modules/
directory for the currently-running kernel and type in the following
command:
grep 2235 modules.usbmap

I really butchered those directions - go to the modules directory for
the currently-running kernel by typing:
cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`

and then type:
grep 2235 modules.usbmap

Sorry for the double-email.
-Greg

Hi Greg
Many thanks for your suggestions. I'll give them a go when I get home.
I've actually prepared myself to try something much more extreme --
recompiling the kernel. I've never done any thing like this before but
after doing much googling it seems that the device incorrectly
identifies itself
http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DVB_USB_DIBUSB_MB_FAULTY.html

I'll let u know how it goes.
Cheers Paul

..

Apologies for my double post - list didn't like my from address without the '.'