[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 1250

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 18:29:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 09:35 -0800, mark Deneen wrote:

> Answer: 2.6.35-24-generic

OK, and 2.6.35 is what mythbuntu 10.10 comes with.

As I mentioned in my initial response, my HVR-1250
stopped working when I upgraded from ubuntu 10.04
to 10.10.

The initial report and comment #6 here says the problem
exists on a fresh install as well:

Rebuilding and installing the v4l package didn't work for
me either.

Look in /var/log/syslog (or syslog.1) and search for:

videobuf_dma_unmap

and I suspect you'll see error messages. If so, you could
load mythbuntu 10.04 from:

 http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/mythbuntu/releases/10.04/release

If you don't see error messages (and your log hasn't rolled over)
kindly ignore my responses.

Bill