[mythtv-users] SPDIF Passthrough stopped working again

Ole Nissen mail at olenissen.com
Sun Jan 9 10:49:56 UTC 2011

Hi again

As stated in my first post, the "advanced audio settings"  and the
"Separate digital output" is checked. On the same line as the "Separate
digital output" it says: "Digital output unit:" and here I choose
ALSA:iec958;{ AES0 0x06 } and also tried ALSA:iec958;{ AES0 0x02 } and
ALSA:iec958:AES0=6 but with the same result.
I do not have any where I can choose to "override passthrough device". Where
exactly is that? Im still using the mythbuntu 0.24 fixed branch by the way.
When I'm at the field where I put the "Digital output unit" the explanation
at the buttom states something like:
"Deprecated: Output unit for digital sound. This value is currently only
used for ALSA and DirectX" (Translated from danish)

Do this give you any clue to what my problem might be?

Thanks in advance for clarifying these things for me.

Ole