[mythtv-users] SPDIF Passthrough stopped working again

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 08:36:27 UTC 2011

Hi

On 9 January 2011 18:49, Ole Nissen <mail at olenissen.com> wrote:

> I tried changing what you said, but that changed nothing. The log below
> shows me changing to a channel with an AC3 stream. It starts playing the
> sound as it should through HDMI in stereo. Then I choose the 5.1 AC stream,
> but it still just passes the stream to HDMI.

> 2011-01-09 08:40:17.921 AO: Opening audio device 'hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0' ch
> 2(6) sr 48000 sf signed 32 bit reenc 1

for the audio passthrough to be used in 0.24 you must have "advanced
audio settings" be checked and the override passhtrough device checked
as well.

> Why it worked using your branch of mythtv I do not know. But now I know you
> have a repository available, I will try using that, even though it should be
> of no help. At least then I know I have the same setup as used to work which
> again narrows down the variables for further error tracking.

In my fork, there's no advanced audio settings to be checked anymore
as I figured that if people are crazy enough to override the advanced
settings, let them be.

It can't be the same setup; downgrading from my branch to 0.24 stock ;
you will have to check advanced audio settings for those options to be
active.

> I will get back to you with my result using your branch

no need.

it works you said.. no much interest for me there