[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony 300 lircd.conf anyone?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jan 4 10:19:16 UTC 2011

On 03/01/11 16:09, R. G. Newbury wrote:

> ( I have not tried the concordance linux software which is supposed to
> be an all linux replacement for the logitech online setup system.)

Unfortunately not. All concordance is supposed to do is to emulate the lump of
code which gets downloaded to a Windows machine, which communicates directly
with the website on one hand and the USB device on the other.

Since your browser doesn't understand it, it is necessary to manually run
concordance from a command line at appropriate points in the update process.

I could never get it to work :( It /never/ managed to find my Harmony 600.
Downloading the source, it doesn't want to compile since it apparently uses an
obsolete version of usblib. I've had to borrow a laptop off my son to get my
remote programmed. The harmony website is a mess. Pity, really, the remote
itself is excellent.

--

Mike Perkins