[mythtv-users] Installing an external USB sound device on Mythbuntu 10.10

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sun Feb 27 17:02:22 UTC 2011

MythTV users,

I have had a dedicated Mythbuntu machine for years now, a computer that
was second hand even when I got it.

Now, I have a new machine and I'm transferring the system over.

One thing that is totally stumping me though... my external USB sound
device.

It worked fine on the old machine, so I know it possible to set up. I
just have absolutely no idea how I did it. I tried searching for old
notes I made, but in the end I think that over the last 4 to 5 years,
Ubuntu has changed so that I'm not sure if the old instructions apply
anymore.

I had hoped it might be auto-detected. No such luck though.

So, this is quite basic, I'm sure, but can someone give me some pointers
on how I go about setting up my external USB sound device?

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G