[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Feb 27 01:38:37 UTC 2011

On 2011-02-26, at 6:20 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

> The "tangent" of the time and effort required of those creating themes is hardly a tangent

It's a tangent when it's irrelevant to the point. Attractive UI themes exist. Attractive OSD themes exist. However they don't exist *together* and never have for whatever reason. I said it and others have said it. That's the point. It's no problem when we can choose the best of each as we've been able for years. It's a nuisance when we're obliged to pick one or the other. It's annoying when there's no technical or aesthetic reason to force the choice. Railing against a straw man doesn't change that.

Turns out it's trivial to merge themes in a script. I'm away from my machine but after I verify that the output works I'll put something up for folks. Even though it's stupid to do this outside of the application.

- George