[mythtv-users] changing output to match source

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Thu Feb 24 05:36:53 UTC 2011

I recently got a new plasma and it comes with "motion flow" (yes the
thing where it invents bits to up the frame rate).
I rather like the effect however it doesn't play nice with a
de-interlaced signal, I run at 1080p using the vdpau advanced1x
deinterlacer. The interlacing artefacts seem to really muck with the
motion estimation.

Watching the over the air signal through the TV seems to be fine so what
I'm after is for myth to change resolution/frame rate/interlacing to
match the input signal then using the TV for all the fancy
de-interlacing etc.