[mythtv-users] DVB Scanning: single transport only

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Mon Feb 21 15:18:25 UTC 2011

Tom Hill wrote:

On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 15:17 +0100, Terjesen Jens Peder wrote:
> As far as I know the 'Full Scan (Tuned)' does a 'network scan' using
> the given transponder info as a starting point for the scan and then
> using the received info to scan all transponders related to this
> network or provider.
> The individual transponder scan however does only scan the given
> transponder.
>
> No this isn't 'hacky' at all as far as I know.
> My provider has moved quite a number of channels lately and I have
> used this method with a slight difference.
> Instead of deleting all channels I have just deleted the moved
> channels and then done a scan of the new transponders. This has been
> working great for me.
>
> Jens

Hi Jens,

I seem to be missing the option to scan an individual transponder.
Presumably this is *only* available after a full scan is performed?

As per my original problem, I don't see the need to perform a full scan
for a lot of channels, when I only want a handful and can readily supply
the transponder information.

It would be great if Myth had the ability to ignore the NIT data (via
toggle) so that we don't have to endure lengthy scans when it's just not
necessary.

Thanks,

Tom

Yes you need to get at least one transponder into the database before you can scan an individual transponder.

I think the channel editor in mythtv-setup still has a transponder editor. At least it used to, but the last time I tried it it didn't work. That is some time ago so not sure of the status today.

I can't remember if you have the option to abort a full scan, but if that is possible you could try it and then see if there are any transponders in the database.

Jens