[mythtv-users] Surround sound issues w/ digital passthrough

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:11:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:35 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 February 2011 04:59, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm... that's annoying. I know there has been a lot of work around
>> reducing the number of settings which in general I agree with, but...
>> :)
>
> Passthrough was never done for two channels audio earlier either. This
> isn't a new thing in mythtv.

I know you are an expert on Myth but I have to disagree with you here.
I don't remember exactly which version it was but I remember
distinctively seeing Dolby Digital EX on my receiver and if I cycled
through the displays it showed "2/0.0" instead of the usual "3/2.1"
for 6 channel audio on some broadcasts.

Richard