[mythtv-users] Any Debian / Mythtv / Nvidia users here?

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Sun Feb 20 21:45:06 UTC 2011

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, stuart wrote:

> I've done a bad thing.  I updated my Debian Mythtv boxes with out
> checking if there were any Nvidia drivers available.  Now both mythtv
> boxes are broke.
>
> I'm not sure where the hold up is (maybe someone can say), but from
> mining the internet it appears this problem started about the 11th of
> February (2011) and is centred around not having proprietary Nvidia
> drivers available (yet).

Why not take the last available Debian nVidia driver packages and rebuild
them locally with the latest nVidia upstream kits? That's what I do for
RH-derived distros in circumstances like this.

<http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/20> and
<http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/index.en.html> look useful.

HTH,
Alex