[mythtv-users] Memory performance on Nvidia ION

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 05:00:45 UTC 2011

hi

On 18 February 2011 00:04, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:
> RAM is pretty cheap so you could purchase an identical 2GB stick to add
> in to your system.   Or I suppose you could swap it for a matched pair
> of 1GB sticks, like I have in my ION.

When you have a system running DDR 1066MHz and above ; why bother with
dual channel when the bandwidth limitation will be on the CPU bus
speed anyway.

I don't believe for a second that VDPAU decoding on an ion system
would be any different between having 2x1GB and 1x2GB. If there is
indeed an issue, the problem is more likely to do with a faulty RAM
than it is with dual-channel vs single-channel