[mythtv-users] Memory performance on Nvidia ION

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:04:34 UTC 2011

On 2/17/11 7:57 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello list, I am having some playback problem with Nvidia ION system.
> The Nvidia ION has a 9400 card with 512MB shared memory. I read on
> some post that is preferable to have two memory slots rather than one.

Correct.  Installing memory in pairs allows the RAM to be used in
dual-channel mode, increasing performance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-channel_architecture

RAM is pretty cheap so you could purchase an identical 2GB stick to add
in to your system.   Or I suppose you could swap it for a matched pair
of 1GB sticks, like I have in my ION.

-WD