[mythtv-users] Fedora 14 & Hauppauge (Grey) & lirc devinput with Nova-T

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Feb 17 18:01:43 UTC 2011

On Feb 14, 2011, at 8:13 PM, Harry Orenstein wrote:

> On Monday, February 14, 2011 04:41:49 pm Jarod Wilson wrote:
>

>>> As I couldn't get irrecord to work I had to manually craft one.
>>
>> As I said on the lirc list, please show your work. The default one is
>> supposed to work, so I'd like to try to understand why it didn't.
>
> Jarod,
>
> Sorry for jumping the thread.  I've been following several of your recent
> discussions about using devinput for IR devices.  I've successfully loaded ir-
> kbd-i2c and gotten my grey Hauppauge remote to work (somewhat) generating
> character input.  The thing I haven't been able to figure out is if I can use
> the Hauppauge PVR-250 IR receiver with a universal remote.  I am running F14
> with 2.6.35.10-74 kernel and I've compiled ir-keytable from source.  I think
> that's what I need to get the remote to work but I couldn't find any info on
> actually doing it (other than one of your posts that said that it was the
> right tool to use).  Any tips or reference you can provide would be greatly
> appreciated.

Most i2c-based receivers are pretty limited in what they support. As far
as I know, the PVR-250's IR part only supports RC-5 signals. If you
program a universal remote with appropriate RC-5 signals, it *can* be
used. In fact, there was a time when I did exactly that myself...

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com