[mythtv-users] Samsung SMT-C5320 STB support for channel changer script

Fred ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 22:58:30 UTC 2011

Cablevision paid me a visit today, to replace a malfunctioning Scientific
Atlanta Explorer SA4200HD STB with the replacement model, a Samsung
SMT-5320. The technician told me these are pretty new, and to expect some
updates to be downloaded to the box. I had the old box running nicely with a
firewire channel changer script. When I power cycled my MythTV system and
the STB, I could not see any firewire information using the plugreport
command. When I look at dmesg, I see the following

[ 2502.376997] ieee1394: The root node is not cycle master capable;
selecting a new root node and resetting...
[ 2502.648689] ieee1394: Node changed: 0-00:1023 -> 0-01:1023

At this point, I'm not even sure if firewire is enabled. Has anyone
configured MythTV to work with this STB? I am still on Mythbuntu 10.04.1
LTS, MythTV.

Thanks,

Fred