[mythtv-users] text in certain fields became too tiny after X glitch

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Feb 16 05:23:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 02/15/2011 08:13 PM, James Miller wrote:
>> (--) NVIDIA(0): DPI set to (32, 32); computed from "UseEdidDpi" X config
>
> Override this.  For non-MythTV applications and for Qt UI in MythTV
> (i.e. setup), you'll want the DPI to be around 100x100 for a 10-foot UI
> (i.e. for usage from where you sit to comfortably watch TV).
>
> See the links I provided previously.

Thanks for your reply, Mike. My apologies if it seemed as though I ignored
your earlier response. I did take a look at those links you supplied but
was--wrong-headedly, I now understand--resisting the notion that the issue
I was experiencing had to do with dpi. I've now followed your advice,
augmented by information from one of the links you supplied, and overridden
the dpi setting. And sure enough, the clock in the upper right hand corner
of the program guide now appears in a normal font that is legible from
across the room. I assume other areas where the tiny font issue was in
play will now behave properly. Many thanks to both of you for your input.

James