[mythtv-users] Myth problem or HDPVR probmem?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 15 03:41:44 UTC 2011

On 02/14/2011 10:28 PM, Don Lewis wrote:
> Another annoyance of the mythweb interface is that on the listings pages
> it is not possible to distinguish between an episode that was deleted
> and one that was deleted with allow re-record.  My next chance to record
> a show that failed with a zero byte recording might happen until far
> into the future, and when it occurs I might not try to record it because
> the listings show that it has already been recorded.  It would be nice
> to have a "delete and entirely forget" option, to handle mythtv
> recording failures as well as incorrect listings.

When you do Delete and allow re-record (and when it works properly),
MythWeb will show the episode as never having been recorded--in spite of
the entry in the recording history.  So, if MythWeb is showing it as
previously recorded, it's likely a failure to properly "allow re-record."

I haven't tried Delete and allow re-record in MythWeb 0.24-fixes, but
will do so soon and verify it's working as designed.

Mike