[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Feb 14 21:15:50 UTC 2011

On 2/14/2011 3:10 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Ben Kamen<bkamen at benjammin.net>  wrote:
>> I don't know if I missed the email - but ATI's Linux support in the past has been sketchy..
> When using open source drivers, ATI's cards work better than Nvidia's.
>   When using closed source drivers, Nvidia's cards work better than
> ATI's.  Support for ATI has been improving in recent years.

I had wondered about that -- if they had caught up or not.

I just remember back in 2005, the fastest path from parts to MythTV was nVidia.

Well, heck, if it weren't for NTSC OTA going away, this All-In-Wonder could actually be good for something!
(tongue in cheek)

Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net
Murphy's Law: