[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:34:21 UTC 2011

   If everything goes off without a hitch, then the Myth Distro is
> fine. Otherwise, it's probably more of a hassle.
>
>    Like I said. It will be interesting to get his take on it.
>

> > I've built MythTV in about any way you can imagine. Beginning back in
> > the days of RedHat 9. I've compiled it from source, downloaded pre-
> > compiled packages for various distros, and run MythDora, KnoppMyth
> > and MythBuntu.
> >
> > I actually prefer MythDora, but I'm using MythBuntu now just because
> > it's more current. Meh... blue vs red, it all works the same in the
> > end.

Brian, you might like to start a brand new thread once you start to install
mythbuntu. IE a brand new email (not a reply to an existing one) and a brand
new subject line, we'll start again as this thread is very long. There are
some not immediately apparent tweaks you will want to know about to get the
latest mythtv packages etc.

You might also be pleased to know that mythfrontend WILL work on windows, I
have had it working on two win7 machines but it did fail on a vista machine
for reasons i could not fathom.