[mythtv-users] Fedora 14 & Hauppauge (Grey) & lirc devinput with Nova-T

Nigel Jewell nige at grufty.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 09:29:59 UTC 2011

On 12/02/2011 11:42, Alex Butcher wrote:
> I seem to recall I had the same problem moving my lircd.conf from Fedora 8
> to Fedora 14.
>
>> Has anyone managed to get this remote working with Fedora 14?
> Yup, try:
>
> irrecord -H devinput -d /dev/input/by-path/pci-[...]-event-ir $HOME/lircd.conf
>
> to generate a new lircd.conf in $HOME
>
> you'll need to substitute your PCI device number for the ellipsis.
>
> You might also need to prevent haldaemon from grabbing the device from under
> lircd's feet:
>
> See<http://www.lirc.org/html/devinput.html>  for more info on this, if you
> need to adjust the rules for your hardware.

Hi,

Thanks for this.  I've tried everything suggested, including

- downloaded lirc 0.8.7 and rebuilt it (just with the devinput driver)
- downloaded the recommended devinput file
- booted into init level 1 (so no hal in the way)

And still irw doesn't output anything :(.  If I "cat /dev/input/event5"
I see it printing garbage, and lirc is configured to use devinput with
/dev/input/event5.

Stumped.

Nige.