[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Feb 11 14:22:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Ryan Patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did not quote Brian Reynolds full e-mail.  If you review his
> original message you will see he is discussing downloading torrents
> from questionable sources as an alternative to paying money for a
> movie rental.  If I was truly incorrect in linking his statements to
> illegal activity, then I am sorry.  But I have high confidence my
> interpretation is correct.

It was somewhat ambiguous, but given that he said "I would rather just
pay a few bucks to rent the thing than to spend hours to find what I
want online somewhere.  My time is worth more than the $3.99 I would
save." I presumed he was, at the very least, considering legal sources
and was surprised when so many people jumped on him with the other
interpretation.

Eric