[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:51:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
> On 2/10/2011 8:43 PM, Ryan Patterson wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Reynolds, Brian
>> <Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there some place to find complete, high-definition, English-language
>>> movies to download that is reliable and convenient?  Maybe I’m looking in
>>> all the wrong places.  Of course, I’ve only tried a few times because it
>>> frustrated me so much.
>>
>> You have repeatedly broken the rules of this mailing list: top
>> posting, sending "rich" formated e-mails, and now disusing illegally
>> downloading copyrighted content.  People have sent you links to the
>> rules for this mailing list (I see that in this thread).  Did you read
>> the rules?  Are you acting like a troll on purpose?  If you are
>> honestly seeking advice, I think Windows MCE would be the better match
>> for your needs.
>
> . . .
> In that original paragraph above from Brian, I see no reference to illicit
> methods.
> There ARE legal methods for getting content online. Everyone immediately
> assumed he meant illegal and I
> see no single word in his paragraph that would indicate he was looking for
> something of the sort.

I did not quote Brian Reynolds full e-mail.  If you review his
original message you will see he is discussing downloading torrents
from questionable sources as an alternative to paying money for a
movie rental.  If I was truly incorrect in linking his statements to
illegal activity, then I am sorry.  But I have high confidence my
interpretation is correct.

-Ryan