[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 12:36:36 UTC 2011

On 2/11/11 6:16 AM, Nasa wrote:
> I have to differ with this statement...  Depending on your service
> provider and thier boxes this feature may not actually work.  I had
> it going for a number of years, but within the last 6 months Comcast
> turned off the capability all togather (channel changing stopped
> working all togather).

I've been using firewire channel changing for years, and I do have to
admit that I have had one hiccup with it.   It took me a little while to
figure it out, but as it turns out it was just that my STB needed a
power cycle.  Playing with the cables, I ended up pulling the power
cord, and then it magically worked again!

YMMV...

-WD