[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Feb 10 22:11:25 UTC 2011

On 2/10/2011 4:03 PM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> On 02/09/11 16:28, Reynolds, Brian wrote:
>
> Be aware that DRM can cause recordings to fail, expire, etc.
> The latest example is that a lot of people recording the SuperBowl
> on their Ceton cards missed the last quarter. See
> http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/98308.aspx?PageIndex=1

Wow - that sucks.

Again - one can't always say "no".

Imagine if the US just rebelled and didn't watch the super bowl.

I wonder what the impact would be. Would the promoters learn their lesson.

Of course, everyone would have to make it clear they are not watching for DRM reasons.

That would be funny.

  -Ben