[mythtv-users] Custom menu entries

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Fri Feb 4 00:26:23 UTC 2011

Some time ago, I created a menu of my own called "Common Actions."  This
worked great, but after upgrading to the latest git version, the Play
DVD entry broke, and I'm having trouble getting it to work again.  I see
that the entry in the video plugin now looks like:

   <button>
      <type>DISC_PLAY</type>
      <text>Play a DVD or Blu-ray</text>
      <action>DISC_PLAY</action>
   </button>

But using that doesn't work, as it's not in the context of the mythvideo
plugin.  I've tried all sorts of variations on this, including the
example in the Wiki, and my menu entry doesn't do anything (the one in
the regular video menu works fine).

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Menu_theme_development_guide#Helpful_Tips

While I'm just looking for a solution to this specific issue, I would
find it interesting to see an explanation of how to create a button that
does something within a specific plugin.