[mythtv-users] UK commflagging script

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:21:49 UTC 2011

On 01/02/2011 21:59, Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Robert Longbottom wrote:
>
>> It's looking pretty good now. The skiplist (rather than cutlist)
>> functionality seems to be working nicely, thanks for that.
>>
>> I've just queued up a load of recordings for commflagging and all but
>> one say they've found breaks and the numbers found look reasonable.
>> I'm just watching one now and it's found 3 out of 4 breaks, but the
>> 4th break was very short.
>
> Yup, I don't think it'll ever be perfect, but if people can experiment with
> different mp3splt options, then we might be able to build up a list of
> profiles to handle different channels.

Yes, I think it only missed that one because the ad break was just an
advert for another program (Five late at night iirc) - no actual adverts
per se.

>> The only other thing... can you change your callsigns to match mine
>> ;-) I just overwrote the script with the latest and then realised I
>> should have taken a copy of the channel whitelist - doh!
>
> The callsigns I've used are straight out of the DVB-T stream, so if you've
> manually edited yours, or your local broadcaster changes them, then you'll
> need to hack the script. This is another good reason for adding a column to
> the channels table and integrating this into the real mythcommflag.

Yeah, thats probably me.  I'm using freesat on DVB-S and I don't think
they provide sensible names, at least not names that I liked last time I
did a full channel scan anyway.  It's not that hard to just edit the
names in the script anyway.

>> It's still the best I've seen commflagging work in Myth here in the UK
>> though, so keep up the good work!
>
> Cheers. :-)
>

>> /usr/bin/mythcommflag run with [-j 4481 -V 3] at Tue Feb 1 20:55:30
>> GMT 2011 by mythtv
>> RECORDINGSROOT=/store/mythtv/recordings/
>> running job 4481
>> channel callsign is Channel 4 +1
>> chanid=9311 STARTTIME=2011-01-20 21:00:00
>> basename is 9311_20110120210000.mpg
>> filename is /store/mythtv/recordings/9311_20110120210000.mpg
>> Callsign in whitelist - will run silence_detect
>> silence_detect /store/mythtv/recordings/9311_20110120210000.mpg
>> total frames = -75 (+/- 75)
>
> !!! bonkers. I suspect mytharchivehelper failed. I saw this a few times
> myself, but it seemed to go away without changing anything.

Yeah, I thought that looked a bit odd, but all the commflaggings I've
run so far have reported that.  Doesn't seem to have adversely affected
anything though.

Ah, wait a minute, the reason is I don't have mytharchivehelper.  Looks
like I need to install the mytharchive plugin to get that (at a guess).
  I'll give that a go tomorrow and see if that oddity goes away.

>> silence-detect has generated cutlist:
>> 1--25,12780-18878,38793-44379,68178-74279,88329-75,
>
> I've seen the 1 to -25 first cut myself, and that's obviously bogus, and on
> the improvements list.
>
> The 88329-75 cut is as a resul of the mytharchivehelper problem. The rest
> look reasonable at about 6000 frames.
>
> [...]
>
>> mysql setskiplist returned 1
>> mythcommflag failed; returned 1
>
> Probably because of that bogus final cut.

I'd not spotted that, that must be related to the dodgy total frames
number as well I guess.

Cheers,
Robert.