[mythtv-users] UK commflagging script

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 21:59:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Robert Longbottom wrote:

> It's looking pretty good now.  The skiplist (rather than cutlist)
> functionality seems to be working nicely, thanks for that.
>
> I've just queued up a load of recordings for commflagging and all but one say
> they've found breaks and the numbers found look reasonable.  I'm just
> watching one now and it's found 3 out of 4 breaks, but the 4th break was very
> short.

Yup, I don't think it'll ever be perfect, but if people can experiment with
different mp3splt options, then we might be able to build up a list of
profiles to handle different channels.

> There seems to be some kind of problem with re-running commflagging (quite an
> edge case I guess).  I ran it against an episode of Relocation Relocation
> from Channel 4 +1 and it claimed to not find any breaks (this was when I'd
> just queued about 6 recordings for commflagging), so I ran it again to get
> the log output and it seems to have found some breaks second time round, but
> the log reports some errors towards the end (logs below).  Although having a
> quick zap through it does look like it's correctly found the breaks, so the
> maybe the errors are not really errors at all.
>
> The only other thing... can you change your callsigns to match mine ;-)  I
> just overwrote the script with the latest and then realised I should have
> taken a copy of the channel whitelist - doh!

The callsigns I've used are straight out of the DVB-T stream, so if you've
manually edited yours, or your local broadcaster changes them, then you'll
need to hack the script. This is another good reason for adding a column to
the channels table and integrating this into the real mythcommflag.

> It's still the best I've seen commflagging work in Myth here in the UK
> though, so keep up the good work!

Cheers. :-)

> /usr/bin/mythcommflag run with [-j 4481 -V 3] at Tue Feb  1 20:55:30 GMT 2011
> by mythtv
> RECORDINGSROOT=/store/mythtv/recordings/
> running job 4481
> channel callsign is Channel 4 +1
> chanid=9311 STARTTIME=2011-01-20 21:00:00
> basename is 9311_20110120210000.mpg
> filename is /store/mythtv/recordings/9311_20110120210000.mpg
> Callsign in whitelist - will run silence_detect
> silence_detect /store/mythtv/recordings/9311_20110120210000.mpg
> total frames = -75 (+/- 75)

!!! bonkers. I suspect mytharchivehelper failed. I saw this a few times
myself, but it seemed to go away without changing anything.

> silence-detect has generated cutlist:
> 1--25,12780-18878,38793-44379,68178-74279,88329-75,

I've seen the 1 to -25 first cut myself, and that's obviously bogus, and on
the improvements list.

The 88329-75 cut is as a resul of the mytharchivehelper problem. The rest
look reasonable at about 6000 frames.

[...]

> mysql setskiplist returned 1
> mythcommflag failed; returned 1

Probably because of that bogus final cut.

Best Regards,
Alex