[mythtv-users] Failing hardware & FE/BE replacement feedback

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Feb 1 01:22:42 UTC 2011

On 1 February 2011 02:34, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2011, at 16:01, jedi wrote:
> >
> >    Ultimately, you just have to find something that looks like you want
> and
> > then research the board. I've had good luck with Gigabyte boards for AMD
> CPUs
> > myself. My last experience with a Core2 board kind of turned me off to
> Intel.
>
> Ditto Gigabyte, had two good ones recently myself, the bad 775 board I had
> to replace was an Intel, I bought that because I was fed up with problems
> from MSI & EVGA. I incorrectly assumed that an Intel motherboard with an
> Intel cpu and Intel chipset had the best chance of being trouble free...
>
> Andre

My Current P4 motherboard is also an Intel, I could just put in a PCI
network card and it would possibly fix the oboard ethernet issues except the
PCI-E card covers the first PCI slot and the 2nd has a DVB-T card :(

Is there any chance this is a kernel driver bug? Theres lots of reports of
sky2 driver issues when googling

Cheers,

Anthony