[mythtv-users] OT: Hiring some remote help (to set up a Calendar server)

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 19:14:57 UTC 2011

On 30/12/2011 08:42, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> >
>> >  I've just lost two days of my life trying to set up a calendar server
>> >  and am admitting defeat. I need some help. I know that there are a
>> >  couple of services out there where you can hire someone to remotely set
>> >  something up. Can any of you recommend any of them, or even specific
>> >  individuals within them?
>> >
> Please go somewhere else with this, it's not related to MythTV in any way.
> When people write that their posting is OT, it's usually because it's
> related to media centers, tuners or TVs, and hence still relevant to many
> MythTV users.
>
> Best regards
> Kenni
Sorry to have offended you Kenni,

I consider this MythTV newsgroup to be the best newsgroup I have ever
joined. It's also the most knowledgeable collection of friendly geeks I
have ever encountered. I proudly consider myself a geek until I see the
knowledge of the people in here. I have discussed many Myth topics here
in the past, but have also asked several OT questions when I'm
struggling to find an answer to something via more usual means. A point
in the right direction can be invaluable when you've spent hours looking
in the wrong direction. And I know of no better collection of knowledge
that I can ask those questions of. Is it really a problem to ask
something that everyone is free to ignore if they want to?

I assume you are not in a minority of 1 in your irritation at me and I
apologise to anyone else who is upset.

Thanks to the people who did email advice directly to me to stop the
group being cluttered with OT discussion. Much appreciated.

I feel like asking how many other people have a problem with this, but
that would be an entirely unnecessary any cluttery thread.

I guess I'll do what I've done in the past. Talk about Myth, solve other
problems by other means, and if I get really stuck ask the resource of
this awesome newsgroup. If people are offended, they'll either let me
know or just ignore me. So far, the people who have been extremely
helpful far out-way the number of people who have expressed any annoyance.

Cheers all
Damian

*Damian Surr* /Magician/

www.christmaspartymagician.co.uk