[mythtv-users] Help finding channel frequency

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Dec 28 19:32:05 UTC 2011

> Pretty sure you're going to need to use the scan or dvbscan to create a
> channels.conf that that can be used with czap/szap/tzap/azap to tune the
> channel (or, maybe VLC can use channels.conf directly).
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/LinuxTV_dvb-apps

Thanks. I had already installed dvb-apps, hoping to find the info I was
looking for . I ran the following command:

"scan us-Cable-IRC-center-frequencies-QAM256 > mychannels.conf", but
only got a couple channels that worked out of what was produced in
mychannels.conf. (Dvbscan complained about not being able to open the
frontend).

It produced 387 lines of frequency info, like the following:

[0004]:141000000:QAM_256:1987:1984:4
[0003]:141000000:QAM_256:2048:2049:3
[0003]:153000000:QAM_256:1984:1985:3
[0002]:153000000:QAM_256:2052:2048:2
[0003]:225000000:QAM_256:1984:1985:3
[0001]:225000000:QAM_256:2048:2049:1
[0004]:141000000:QAM_256:1987:1984:4

I used Me-TV to import the conf file, but unfortunately it only gave me
2 or 3 usable channels out of the 387 lines. I used us-Cable-IRC when
scanning for channels via myth and ended up with many more channels,
from 51-1 through 114-9, but didn't get any of those channels when
scanning with dvb-apps (scan).

Any idea what I need to do to find those frequencies for channels 51-1 -
114-9?