[mythtv-users] OFFTOPIC: LIRC on Ubuntu 11.04

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:08:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

I rebuilt my system some time ago, since then I have had the builders in
and now I want to set everything back up they way it was... however I
haven't documented some key bits.... the LIRC setup and the script I used
to monitor the monitor state in DPMS (xset) and turn the amp on and off as
required.

The following works

sudo lircd -n -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -H usb_uirt_raw lircd.conf

and I can use the irsend command to send the two different IR signals I
need, however if I try configuring this in hardware.conf and starting lirc
(sudo service lirc start) it either fails or fails to send depending on the
options used.
So I cant workout how to translate this into a config (hardware.conf?) that
works. Could/Would anyone care to bump me in the right location as the lirc
docs arent helping me too much.

thanks