[mythtv-users] Separate "clean" / "dirty" outputs?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Dec 13 01:13:44 UTC 2011

> I am looking for functionality more like a studio monitor, but perhaps
> something can be adapted from the services API / telnet interface.

I was myself going to suggest that you disable the OSD entirely, and control
it via telnet.

If you're trying to make it a digital VTR, though, there are other, probably
easier routes to take.  mplayer2 is remote controllable, and *much* lighter
in weight.  Or you could build something that does exactly what you need over
gstreamer, as I was looking at at my previous employer's.

Cheers,
-- jra