[mythtv-users] KWorld UB499-2T usb dvt-t twin-tuner device

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Dec 11 23:03:13 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 03:18 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/12/11 14:58, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 12/08/2011 07:52 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> Another peculiarity is that myth status now believes I have 22 tuners,
>>> mostly inaccessible;  I've 'deleted all tuners' several times.
>>
>> If you "Delete all capture cards on<hostname>", it doesn't reset things
>> completely.  You want to use "Delete all capture cards".
>>
>> See, also, the last 2 links at:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Thanks, Mike.  I'm pretty sure I did delete all, all; but I think I
> probably need to go back and nuke the database, set host name, password
> etc before there's anything worth saving there.  Maybe even RTFM.

Yes, the proliferating tuners were solved by properly setting the
hostname and deleting _all_ cards;  the out-of-range channel numbers
persisted for longer but after repeated scanning to properly populate
the transport list and then more
delete-all-channels-and-scan-known-transports cycles I got what looks to
be a good list.

I was getting the 'failed to open demux device' messages during the
scans, and also during recording, but projectx finds no defects in the
recordings.

John P