[mythtv-users] MythTV playing in reverse?

Christopher Peters cpeters at ucmo.edu
Thu Dec 8 17:52:15 UTC 2011

I've been tasked with building an instant replay machine for my school's athletic department, and I've been working with MythTV to do it.  One of the requirements I just learned about (I don't know from sports broadcasting / instant replay) is that we be able to play video in reverse, just like we were rewinding a tape.

The system is Mythdora 10.21 (Myth 0.21) with video input via a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500, and video output via a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350.  Can Myth 0.21 do this?  Can the current Myth do this? Is this question better suited for the dev list?

KP

Kit Peters (KD0MNJ), Engineer II
KMOS TV Channel 6 / KTBG 90.9 FM
University of Central Missouri