[mythtv-users] Big mouse pointer

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Dec 11 17:38:11 UTC 2011

On 09/12/11 13:28, phipps-hutton at sky.com wrote:
> Just for giggles I've got my wiimote working with MythTV but the mouse
> pointer is far too small. I'd like to pick a bigger one but don't know
> how to do it. I'm running mythfrontend from the ratpoison window
> manager. With a KDE session I can pick a mouse theme and it is used by
> mythfrontend. Using xsetroot -cursor has no effect.
>
> Any clues? I don't want to move to a KDE session if I can help it.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim.

On way would be to edit or create the file ~/.Xdefaults
and add the following line (change the name to the cursor theme you have
installed):
Xcursor.theme: Gold

You can change the size by adding a line like:
Xcursor.size: 48

If you experience flickering, try setting the following line in

the Device section of your xorg.conf file:
     Option  "HWCursor"  "false"

Paul H.