[mythtv-users] Still confused about recording groups

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 6 19:47:48 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 12:34 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 12/6/2011 10:34, Mark J. Small wrote:
>> However, when I check the Machine Status on a frontend, I see three MythTV
>> drives listed. The two above and slave:/var/lib/mythtv.
> MythTV only records where it is told, and has no default locations it
> wants to record to.  The only reason it would want to record to
> /var/lib/mythtv is because you (or your distro) told it to.  Run
> mythtv-setup on the slave backend host and see if it is defined as an
> additional recording path.

It's also possible that you had defined that directory in some other
Storage Group on a different (no-longer-in-use) host in the past, and
didn't properly decommission the host...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration#Retiring_an_old_backend

specifically the Storage Group stuff...

If you want to post the output of:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e 'SELECT * FROM storagegroup;'

I can tell you exactly what's happening.  (Feel free to send directly to
me if you don't want it on the list.)

Mike