[mythtv-users] Another mythfilldatabase problem (tv_grab_eu_epgdata)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Dec 2 11:33:13 UTC 2011

Zitat von Ramon Hofer <ramonhofer at bluewin.ch>:

> Hi Jan
>
> Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Zitat von Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>:
>>
>> > Hi Ramon,

>> The epgdata folks have already been informed, and I'm waiting for
>> their response.
>>
>> Regarding the recent issues with incorrect XML encoding, they told
>> me that this should finally be fixed now, and that they are now
>> constantly using Perl's XML parser to lint their output.
>
> Great news!
> Will there be an update of tv_grab_eu_epgdata or does that mean that
> mythfilldatabase will magically work again when they fixed it?

The latter.

> If I'll have to update something where can I find it or will it be
> shipped with the debian packages I'm using?

Since getting EPG data is somewhat time critical and you probably
don't want to wait for the next XMLTV release, let alone new packages
of your favourite distribution, you probably need to patch your
grabber *if* epgdata decides to indeed change their protocol
permanently. But that is unlikely.
But that's the reason why you should have continued this discussion on
the XMLTV mailing list, this doesn't have anything to do with MythTV,
and you'll get any necessary instructions there.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/