[mythtv-users] How to set MythTV locale

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:47:28 UTC 2011

> I would be able to poke around in the database and change stuff, but
> if there's a better way they I'd rather use it.

So in the "settings" table are two fields for my current hostname.

Country  (which was set to US)
Language (which was set to en_US)

There are some other Language entries, for a number of older, obsolete
hostnames, which were set to "EN".

When I get home I'll try setting "Country" to "GB" and "Language" to
"en_GB" and see what happens.  ( I don't understand why when I ran
'mythfrontend -p',  it apparently showed that Country and Language
were set to GB already!

Neither the "Country" nor "Language" setting are visible on the
mythweb settings page, as far as I can see.