[mythtv-users] HDPVR firmware upgrade

Jim Berwick jim at jamesberwick.com
Mon Aug 29 16:45:39 UTC 2011

I found a copy of the drivers from the UK Hauppauge site that included the
HcwClear.exe program to wipe out all older drivers.  I ran it, plugged in a
PVR, ran the HcwDriverInstall.exe program, let it finish and moved the PVR
back to the Linux box and I'm showing firmware 0x17 (July 29, 2011) now.  I
tried moving the other PVR over, letting it get detected and moving it back
and there was no change, so I re-ran the HcwClear app, then re-ran the
installer with the PVR connected and both are up to 0x17 now, in case anyone
else runs into the same issue down the road.