[mythtv-users] HDPVR firmware upgrade

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Aug 29 14:55:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Jim Berwick <jim at jamesberwick.com> wrote:
> Yes, unfortunately updating the firmware on Linux is not working for me, and
> one of the PVRs is continuously locking up between recordings and I'd like
> to update the firmware to see if that clears the issue up.  Like I said
> though, I download the latest drivers (1.6.29something), plug the PVR into a
> Windows machine, run the HcwDriverInstall.exe file which says it is updating
> the drivers on the machine, says it completed successfully.  I then put the
> PVR back on the Linux box and both still have the same firmware.  I'd think
> at the very least if they were updated at all the firmwares would match, but
> it seems like the driver isn't pushing out the firmware at all...

I would have to imagine that WinTV has some device properties page or
something that shows the firmware version.  I would suggest finding
that page, seeing what the version is, and then if it's not the latest
then just call tech support to tell them the firmware isn't updating
(don't even mention anything about MythTV or Linux).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com