[mythtv-users] Recording plays horribly in myth, fine in mplayer

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sat Aug 27 07:43:29 UTC 2011

50mb chop of the file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18868783/testnat2.mpg

Source:  TransACT IPTV, national geographic channel.

EVERY recording from this channel (and only this channel) displays
flashing and blocking as in this clip.  I'm using the full vdpau
profile in myth with a gt430.

Myth info:

MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-207-g5180d26
MythTV Branch    : jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Mplayer plays the video without issue using:
mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau testnat2.mpg

MPlayer 1.0rc4-4.5.2 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team

Any ideas?  Should I submit a bug since it's reproducable and I have a
source file?