[mythtv-users] Finder Key Binding & mce remote issue.

john rwc at bestpond.com
Fri Aug 26 07:06:38 UTC 2011

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the response

On Friday, August 26, 2011 04:16:56 PM Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/25/2011 08:31 PM, john wrote:
> > Firstly I am using MythTV 0.24 binaries from Packman repo on Opensuse
> > 11.4 with updates to kernel -3.0.3-41-desktop, and lirc
> > -0.9.0-1.2.x86_64.  I have 3 PC's running MythTV.
> >
> > The main frontend  (also a slave B/E) was setup with a mceusb remote from
> > hauppage. Following changes to add mceusb to the kernel, I have now
> > setup the remote to work with devinput&  kernel mceusb. In conjunction
> > with this I have a  Logitech Harmony 525 remote, which is the remote I
> > want to use.
> >
> > Basically most commands&  keybindings are working on either remote with
> > the exception of "Finder".
> >
> > I can use my keyboard 'shift # ' and up pops Finder.
> >
> > If I press Finder which I set up as an additional key on the harmony
> > remote screen nothing happens!  I have checked and rechecked lircrc to
> > see if there maybe some misaligned character or spelling issue and maybe
> > I can't see the wood for the trees, but I can see nothing astray. ( That
> > is not to say I haven't missed the blindingly obvious).
> >
> > If I run irw and press the remote 'Finder' it displays the lircrc info
> > ......'KEY_NUMERIC_POUND'  devinput
> >
> > if I run evtest /dev/input/event7 it displays info on the code (in this
> > case 521 but no key name only(?), however I note the the numbers do the
> > same and they seem to work.
> >
> > Should the keybinding in myth i.e. # be able to function via remote, or
> > do I need to change the keybinding and use a modifier key like Alt+# or
> > Ctrl+# or Shift+#  ?
> >
> > Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Did you map it as Shift-# or #?  I think MythControls likes to do
> Shift-# and such (for things that require a shift key to type), and then
> the mapping only works if you are hitting both Shift and #.
> Unfortunately, I don't know of a good way to fix it using the UI, but
> you can always go into MythWeb's setup area and under MythTV|Key
> Bindings, change the mapping to remove the Shift part.
>
> Mike

 I mapped it as # no other key.  After I received your reply I remapped it as Shift+# and
also went into mythweb and changed the settings there.  If i recall correctly, the
keybindings were only "#" no support key.

After restarting backends and lirc and rebooting the machine I still have no response for
the Finder using the remote, and the keyboard doesn't respond to Shift #,.

It appears from the other keybindings that are there no support keys

I changed the binding back to # and after restart the keyboard starts Finder again (Shift
#) but still no reaction with remote.

I will have a look at the remote and see if i can use another devinput code to
"KEY_NUMERIC_POUND'

Thanks,
John

_